Banquet Set-up 3rd Shift - Part Time
- 170000NW Requisition #
Position Purpose To set up, tear down and clean all banquet meeting rooms and space. To remove furniture to and from banquet rooms and space in a safe manner. To avoid damage to resort property and to maintain the cleanliness of the banquet hallways, rooms, storeroom and any other space used for an banquet event.
- Set tables, chairs, and other equipment to the specification of the client as represented on the Banquet Event Order and diagrams.
- Place linen on table in the manner prescribed by the Banquet Event Order or to the standards of the Grand Geneva Resort when a BEO does not specify..
- Transports showcase, display or other guest meeting materials from point of delivery to function room.
- Effectively communicate with the contact or guest on changes and special request.
- Handle and correct all areas of opportunities that may arise to ensure that all guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that Banquet Event Order requirements are fulfilled within the room as pertains to meeting and dining table sets, Buffet tables, and presentation sets.
- To assist Banquet service and Banquet beverage as needed to achieve the overall success of the event or function. This may be but not limited to providing ice or glassware for the banquet bars, set or clear dining table, man a station on a buffet.
- Break down and store tables, chairs and other equipment at the conclusion of an Event/Function.
- To Clean and Maintain all function space to the standards of the Grand Geneva Resort.
- Any other duties, responsibilities, or tasks deemed necessary by Management of the Grand Geneva, in order to achieve and maintain a four diamond resort.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate banquet meal counts, shortage of food, shortage of equipment.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficient to understand menus and special request, and effectively communicate with the guest tableside.
- Knowledge of a ten key calculator to include simple calculations of adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
- Ability to organize tasks and other associates in activities pertaining to efficient production of work. working environment/physical activities
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the require knowledge, skill and ability. High school diploma preferred.
- Prior hospitality or food service operation preferred.
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certification.
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.