Banquet Set-up - Seasonal
- 170000EU Requisition #
Are you looking for a great summer job? Join us for our annual Job Fair, Saturday March 11th, 10am - noon. We will be hiring for seasonal and part-time positions.
The position of Banquet Set Up at Heidel House Resort / Spa is multifaceted. This department is designed to cater to the needs of our group business and our individual guests. The Banquet Set Up team finds him/herself in the position of liaison between the group, the meeting planner, and other departments on the property.
In order to cater to the needs of our guests, you must first be aware of all needs. Reading and understanding contracts is imperative. Understanding the contracts will give the Banquet Set Up staff the information necessary to fulfill all aspects of the group's needs. This may include, but is not limited to transporting guests, moving equipment, setting up meeting and banquet rooms, delivering messages, delivering and serving food, and being responsible for the smooth running of the Hospitality Room.
1. Knowledge and understanding of the catering contract.
2. Knowledge of the various basic room set-up types and the terminology used to indicate these set-ups.
3. Complete knowledge of all buildings, room locations, and storage areas.
4. Act as a liaison between the guest and all other departments on the property.
5. Knowledgeable in the set-up of the Guest Hospitality Room
6. Knowledgeable in the set-up of Continental Breakfasts, soda breaks, and any other meeting details, as deemed necessary by the contract.
7. Make certain that all doors are locked at the end of the workday. This also includes checking to see that all lights and any electrical equipment are turned off at the end of the day.
8. Maintenance of all Audio/Visual Equipment
9. All equipment must be kept clean and in good working repair.
10. Keep all Audio/Visual Equipment under lock and key at all times.
11. Responsible for the cleanliness of The Heidel House van.
12. Operation of the golf carts and the transporting of guests on this equipment. This will only take place after the Banquet Set up staff has successfully completed a training course conducted by the Maintenance Engineer.
13. Upkeep of the various types of table and stage skirting used on the property.
14. Maintenance of all other equipment used by the Banquet/Conference Service Departments.
15. Responsible for their own time cards.
16. Responsible for working all scheduled shifts.
17. Report to work in a clean, pressed uniform and follow proper personal hygiene as per the department manual and Employee Handbook.
18. Continuously check and inspect all furniture, equipment and work areas for safety hazards, reporting any and all such hazards immediately.
19. Assume other related duties as assigned.
Flexible part-time position to include nights and weekends.