Bartender Pool Bar - Full Time Seasonal
- 170000IL Requisition #
Position Purpose: Execution of beverage service and all of the components involved at the highest level in the Pool Bar.
Essential Job Functions:
• Fully understands the drink menu and wine list. From the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the cocktails and dishes, to the delivery and service expected to accompany the cocktail or dish.
• Delivers all required Service Accents to the guest (e.g., SSA presentation, bread presentation, wine service, horseradish/cheese grating, dessert presentation).
• Responsible for the complete service at the bar and lounge.
• Maintains a constant flow of soiled dishes to the kitchen and clean supplies to the dining room.
• Meticulously cleans and resets the bar and lounge during and after meal.
• Has the ability to use the POS efficiently and manage bar inventory.
• Must be proficient in multi-tasking and managing designated stations.
• Must comply with opening and closing as well as running side work necessities.
• Direct and consistent communication with the culinary and management team.
• Processes guest’s checks and submits closing paperwork in a timely manner.
• Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel.
• Must effectively delegate service responsibilities to the assisting staff. Eg. Bussers
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years old to serve or pour alcohol.
• High school or equivalent
• One year or more of bar service in a fine dining outlet.
• Able to read, write and speak verbally in English.
• Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Reporting Relationship: Pool Bar Supervisor.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.