Miller Time Pub Cook III 1st & 2nd Shift (Full-Time)
- 170000DE Requisition #
JOB TITLE: Cook Level III
DEPARTMENT: Culinary/Food and Beverage
SUPERVISOR: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Restaurant Chef
POSITION PURPOSE: Entry level cook. Follow orders from Chefs and cooks.
1. Prepare and cook food quickly and correctly in a timely manner following all required recipes.
2. Correctly store food by utilizing proper rotation and dating.
3. Maintain sanitary standards, before, during, and after service.
4. Determine inventory of food items and requisition from store room.
5. Set up equipment needed for preparation prior to service.
6. Maintain high quality level of food production and presentation.
7. Cleanliness, sanitation and personal hygiene.
8. Responsible for set up station, breakdown, and all necessary advance prep.
9. Put all food away that has been requisitioned from storeroom.
10. Prepare all food items according to recipe specifications.
11. Make sure coolers are cleaned, organized and locked after work is finished.
12. Contact Chef’s of any items that are not fresh.
13. Make sure all food is prepared in order to maintain high standards.
14. Assist in control of food usage.
15. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Friendly and polite team member.
2. Follow instructions of chef.
3. Able to read micro orders.
4. Knowledge of basic prep functions-i.e. cleaning greens, prepping vegetables.
5. Knowledge of equipment and food.
6. Knowledge of proper cooking procedures.
7. Knowledge of proper knife handling and techniques.
8. Knowledge of English language.
9. Ability to work under pressure.
10. Ability to work various shifts.
11. Ability to obtain any local, state or federal license or certification for sanitation, liquor service or food service certification.